Paediatrics Department of HSAS provides both inpatient & outpatient services. There are two wards for inpatient services consisting of a 28 bedded general ward and a 28 bedded Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). The outpatient specialist clinic and general paediatric ward will provide secondary care for medical cases and tertiary care for neonates.
All children shall be able to enjoy the highest attainable standard of health for the promotion of wellness; prevention and treatment of illness and rehabilitation of health through a healthcare team that provides professional medical services in a dynamic environment of mutual respect and support for all.
- We shall strive toprovide quality healthcare which is cost effective, appropriate, timely and responsive to the needs of the patient, family and community by a team of trained, committed, caring and innovative personnel.
- We shall work with parents and the community as partners in the care of children and promotion of wellness.
- We shall continuously monitor our outcomes to ensure comparability with ‘the best possible’ and world gold standard of medical care.
- We shall respect and protect the individual’s right to self-determination, self-expression, confidentiality and dignity giving due consideration to cultural belief systems and advocate the rights of the special and underprivileged child.
- We shall collaborate with other health care professionals to provide acute, chronic and rehabilitative treatment for in-patients and out-patients as well as their families at home.
- We shall practise in a dynamic setting that promotes ongoing learning and development for all health professionals and commit ourselves to support, acknowledge and nurture one another thereby creating an environment of mutual respect and understanding.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
1. OUTPATIENT PAEDIATRIC MEDICAL SERVICES
- Specialist Clinic
- Medical Paediatric Day Care
- Emergency Care (in collaboration with emergency department)
2. INPATIENT PAEDIATRIC MEDICAL SERVICES
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- General Paediatric
- Intensive Care (under general ICU)