Jabatan Bedah Mulut Dan Maksilofasial
ORAL & MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY DEPARTMENT
The Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department is located on level 5 of the Specialists Clinic Complex. The department was equipped with 6 dental chairs. There is also one satellite procedure room with dental chair at the Emergency Department.
As a referral centre in the fields of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, we are committed to provide quality services and satisfaction to our customers together with continuous professional education programs for our professional and supporting staff.
To establish as a referral centre of choice for all cases related to oral and maxillofacial surgery.
To provide a good and conducive working environment which is sensitive to the needs of the patients by producing a high quality of service with the aid of the latest technologies and evidenced based practice in management of all patients.
To provide a holistic and comprehensive care which include the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation to all patient with oral and maxillofacial and dental problems with the objective of successfully restoring the function, aesthetic and by elevating the quality of life through the orally fit concept.
- To receive and manage referrals for all Oral and Maxillofacial problems from Government and Private clinics and hospitals for secondary care
- To participate in combined clinic comprising of Oral Surgeons and other Dental Specialists and/or any Medical Specialists to provide multi-disciplinary management to patient as necessary
- To be a center for training of Trainee Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, First Year Dental Officers, Trainee Dental Technicians and Trainee Dental Surgery
- To participate/carry out research projects as a contribution towards improving the standards of the service
Primary Functions and Scope of Service
To manage the following categories of patients such as:
- Emergencies and Trauma to the Maxillofacial region
- Oral and maxillofacial infections
- Maxillofacial Deformities (eg: orthognatic case, cleft lip & palate)
- Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology and Oral Medicine
- Dentoalveolar and Minor Oral Surgery
- Dental Treatment for the Medically Compromised Patient
- Other Oral and Maxillofacial problems
- Forensic Odontology
Administration and Management of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic, Ward and Operating Theatre
Management of the above patients involves consultation clinic and treatment planning. Surgical procedures if indicated will be carried out under local anaesthesia or general anaesthesia. General anaesthesia procedures will be carried out either under day care or elective admission.
08:00am – 05:00pm (Monday to Friday)
Saturday, Sunday and Public holiday – closed
03 55263000 EXT: 5502
Head of Department
Dr Sharifah Tahirah Al Junid
MDC No: 2556